Request a Credit Freeze

To freeze your child’s credit, submit a “freeze request” to each of the 3 credit agencies below. Proof of identification will be required. Check with each agency for complete instructions.


  • Experian | P.O. Box 9554 | Allen, TX 75013
  • 1-888-397-3742
  • Complete instructions


  • Equifax Security Freeze | P.O. Box 105788 | Atlanta, GA 30348
  • 1-888-298-0045
  • Complete instructions


What to Include

Every credit bureau has specific requests, but expect to provide:

  • Your full name, home mailing address and birthdate
  • Your child’s full name, home mailing address and birthdate
  • Copy of your child’s Social Security card and birth certificate (official copy only)
  • Copy of ONE of the following forms of identification for you:
    • Social Security card
    • Birth certificate (official copy only)
    • Driver’s license
    • Other government-issued identification
  • Copy of utility bill verifying your name and home address
  • A fee, not to exceed $5 under Maryland law


linkLearn More Now

The State Attorney General’s office offers a guide to freezing your child’s credit. Read it now.